Evolution in packaging sector driving its growth
With increase in the safety regulation, packaging in the modern world is continuously evolving to create packaging that is cost-effective, highly protective, creates brand image and drives sustainability. In addition, globalisation is giving impetus to finding packaging solutions that operates as a key tool influencing channels of distribution.
Also, with the advancements in technology, a wide range of materials are available with added features such as strength, superior quality and recyclability.
Significant factors driving evolution in the packaging sector
1. With the arrival of new printing technologies, aesthetics and other features such as anti-counterfeit concepts like holograms and micro text have become possible.
2. With the advent of automation in packaging, operations have become easier, production outputs have increased, errors have drastically come down and appropriate packing of the finished goods is possible.
3. Further, advancements in plastic technology has resulted in packs that are cost effective, light in weight and have good barrier properties.
4. Also, customised packaging and packaging designs are gaining traction especially for pharma and wellness industry that has propelled the advancement of packaging technologies.
5. Also, wastage during various operations has created the demand for more compact packaging materials resulting in less wastage and improved productivity.
6. Lastly, the increased use of eco-friendly materials such as paper and paperboard is gaining momentum due to rising concerns around environment. Food packaging and other industries are looking for sustainable alternatives to create recyclable packaging and cut down plastic pollution.