7 Things you should know about double wall corrugated box
What is double wall corrugated box?
Double wall corrugated box is rigid, mostly rectangular in shape. It is primarily used to protect the product during transportation. It is made from virgin wood fibre or recycled paper with more lignin content.
- 1. The toughness is provided to the double walled corrugated box by the lignin content in the wood, which is not removed during the manufacturing process.
- 2. Electricals and Electronics business is witnessing a boom as use of technology and equipment is increasing among all the age group and especially among the millennials. As a result, double wall corrugated box market size is expected to increase in the next few years.
- 3. With the logistics, delivery, and food & beverage industries on the rise, double wall corrugated box market is expected to increase in the future.
- 4. In addition, sustainability is another significant reason driving demand of double wall corrugated box since consumers and manufacturers are concerned about reduction in carbon footprint and wastage.
- 5. Several factors are fostering growth in the double wall corrugated market size such as rise in electronics sector, e-commerce, protection and safety of products during transportation, increase in sustainable packaging solutions and increase in demand of food and beverage products.
- 6. In Asia-Pacific region economies such as China, Japan and India is expected to have the highest growth rate in double wall corrugated box market due to the sharp boom in e-commerce sector.
- 7. Furthermore, Middle East & Africa are anticipated to grow gradually due to emerging economy, increase in demand of food & beverage products and industrialisation.
The Double wall corrugated box market is segmented on the basis of end - use industry like Food and Beverage, Consumer goods, Personal care and Wellness, Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare, E-commerce, Electrical and Electronics and Transportation and Logistics.