8 Key points that make packaging sustainable
Sustainable packaging are solutions that are sourced, developed and used in a way that minimises environmental impact and footprint. In simple words, sustainable packaging is eco-friendly and does not contribute to the further depletion of natural resources.
As consumers get more aware about impact on environment and sustainability in packaging, it is imperative that brands choose solutions that resonate with the sentiment. According to a survey, e-commerce boom and e-tailing has spurred demand of environmental-friendly packaging as more and more and more customers are buying products that encourage sustainability. Scroll down to learn about eight criteria which makes packaging sustainable.
1. Packaging made is safe, beneficial and healthy for individuals and communities throughout its lifecycle.
2. Is able to meet the market criteria for cost and performance.
3. Uses renewable energy while sourcing, manufacturing, transporting and recycling
4. Optimum use of renewable or recycled source materials.
5. Manufactured with the use of clean production technologies and best practices.
6. Is produced using safe materials throughout the lifecycle.
7. Is physically designed to optimise materials and energy.
8. Lastly, is successfully recovered and utilised in biological and/or industrial closed-loop cycles.
When all these criteria are successfully met, then only a packaging solution can be considered sustainable.
IndiaCorr Expo & India Folding Carton are tradeshows specially designed to meet the changing demands of the industry. Use these platforms to showcase latest technological advancements that help in driving sustainability in the manufacturing process of packaging solutions such as corrugated boxes and folding cartons.