5 Key points to know about Industrial automation market in India
Industrial automation is going to play a pivotal role in enhancing growth in the manufacturing sector. Globally, the COVID-19 pandemic caused major disruptions across sectors. The stalled growth owing to the virus has made it imperative to adopt automation in industries to avoid any future disruptions.
Let’s find out about key trends and market drivers of industrial automation in India.
- Indian industries are improving their automation capabilities to match it with global standards, which has been further accelerated due to the ongoing pandemic. This change is also being brought about owing to the stress on operational excellence, enhanced productivity as well as to maintain six stigma standards in the production.
- Several other factors such as increasing middle-class population, rising disposable incomes, urbanisation, and focused government initiatives, new policies and investments are expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the manufacturing industry.
- Industrial automation market in India is segmented into process automation, factory automation, and electric automation. This market is driven by the increasing investments in the secondary manufacturing sector owing to changing government policies and changing consumer behaviour.
- Moreover, India aims to improve its infrastructure capabilities to attract more global investors and to boost its manufacturing capabilities. Several Indian industries are upgrading their existing automation technologies as they reduce production time and promote safety and efficiency in a manufacturing or a processing unit.
- The automotive industries, power, oil and gas are at the forefront for adoption of different automation technologies followed by the pharma sector owing to the need to optimise plant operations, maintain safety and security and to increase profit margins. The other industries, such as cement, mining, and metals, are also adopting these technologies at a fast rate.
High potential in the adoption of Automation and Robotics in the Manufacturing industry has led to the need for a platform like AUTOMATION & ROBOTICS. Gear up to be a part of automation revolution by exhibiting at Automation& Robotics event co-located with AMTEX 2021.