Five significant areas where food packaging industry must deliver
According to market reports, in the coming future, the need for food is only going to grow. By 2050 the global population is predicted to reach 9.1 billion, which will require 70 percent more food. Also, with increasing urban population more and more people are going to opt for packaged foods and read to eat foods, further driving growth of packaging.
The future of food packaging is going to be dependent on various aspects of the value chain, the ideal food packaging company needs to deliver on five key areas:
- 1. It must use renewable and recycled materials, in order to prevent complete consumption of resources and source these responsibly in a way that protects biodiversity and nature.
- 2. Be carbon-neutral, allowing for ambient distribution and storage, and significantly reducing the negative impact on climate.
- 3. Remain safe and convenient, enabling reduction of food wastage while giving people everywhere access to quality food.
- 4. Be fully recyclable, which means it’s supported by an effective recycling system that keeps materials in use.
- 5. Increase the usage of materials with a reduced impact on environment because waste management systems are not optimal and not all materials can be infinitely recycled.
Join forces with PackPlus is India’s biggest exhibition on Packaging, Converting and Supply Chain industries and be ahead of the curve in these unprecedented times. PackPlus is a quintessential platform to discover, connect and close deals with key buyers from top industry segments.